Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday, 2/2/2009

Today's Topic: Neil deGrasse Tyson

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=100145890

I was listening to NPR this afternoon on the drive home and heard an interview with Neil deGrasse Tyson, who is the director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. I've seen, heard, and read many interviews with Neil deGrasse Tyson over the years and I've always been fascinated by what he has to say.

But today was the first time that I realized just how funny Tyson is. I guess I noticed before that he was funny, but this was the first time that I realized that someone this intelligent and this technical usually isn't THIS funny.

So hats off to Neil deGrasse Tyson for showing that intelligent people can not only relate to "mere mortals" but can also be extremely charming and humorous!

1 comment:

  1. He demoted Pluto! How can you praise a man who would do such a thing! Really! Tell me how can you?!!!

    ReplyDelete