Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday, 2/9/2009

Today's Topic: Being sick sucks...just ask the poodle.

I've been out of commission for a few days with a cold! It came upon me suddenly, and you can always tell when I'm really not feeling well, because that is the only time I actually allow Andre to cook something. So he cooked for 3 days in a row, so you can imagine how crappy I have felt!

But perhaps the funniest part of this whole illness is the behavior of the poodle. First of all, I've been sleeping in the guest room with the poodle so that I can try to prevent spreading the germs to Andre. So the poodle has been sticking with me, since he's my BFF. Well, at about 3:45 this morning, the poodle wakes me up crying. He is coughing, and he doesn't feel well. So I give him a baby aspirin and lay back in bed with him, and he wants to cuddle and he's shaking and crying.

Well I woke up this morning, I decided that I'd work from home so as not to spread my illness to other people at work. The poodle is still trying to cuddle with me, as I'm working on the laptop and he's crying and coughing. So, I told him "Pepe, you're sick, you need to go to bed and rest." I meant for him to go to his dog bed, which was just across the room from where I was working with the laptop. Instead, he went into the guest bedroom and climbed into the bed, laid his head on the pillow that I was using and his body in the bed, as if he were a human. He laid there and slept for 4 hours, and then came running into the TV room with his bone, obviously seeming to feel better.

I just found it hysterical that he has come to regard the guest bed as the place where sick people (and poodles always think of themselves as people) sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment