Saturday, January 17, 2009

Friday, 1/16/2009

OK, so I forgot to put the post up on Friday, but I knew exactly what I was going to blog about so I'm still keeping it with Friday's date.

Topic of the Day: Merkins

So I was listening to "Fresh Air" on NPR and they were replaying an interview they did with the comedian Robert Schimmel, who had survived cancer. During the interview, he discussed the need for a wig...both for his head and his pubes. Apparently, wigs for the pubes have been around for centuries and they're called merkins. I had never heard of any such thing, so I immediately had to do some research on the topic when I got home because I thought it was the funniest thing.

So, if you want to learn more about the history of the merkin, here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin

2 comments:

  1. I don't even know where to begin on this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even you're speechless?!?! I thought this would be one of your favorite topics!

    ReplyDelete