Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday, 1/12/2009

Wasn't feeling so hot yesterday, so missed the opportunity to post....BUT as I worked at home today to recuperate, I got the opportunity to listen to W's final press conference of his presidential career. I can't resist this opportunity to have my final critique of W...

Today's topic: "A lot of times I felt the press misunderestimated me."

You know, W, for the first time in my life, I think you and I agree. I think the press did MISUNDERESTIMATE you. Although we do seem to disagree on what this made-up word (otherwise known as a "Bushism") means. I've read from a 2003 article (link below) when you've used this word before, that you think it means "seriously underestimate." Although it is a made-up word, I would define it more literally as the combination of "mis" (which seems to indicate a failure of some sort, like "mistake" or "mismatch") and "underestimate" (which indicates that someone thinks less of a person's capability than they ought to.) So in my literal definition, misunderestimate means to fail to think as poorly of a person's capability as one ought to. In other words, W, they gave you too much credit considering your true capability for intelligent thought.

They put you on the "buffoon" level of intelligence, whereas you really belong on the "idiot savant" level. My apologies to any idiot savants whose savante is about politics and find it offended that I would put Bush on their level. They probably would put him on the "stool pigeon" level of the intelligence scale, which basically means that he can eat and then poop all over everything....

Click here for more fun W foibles: http://edition.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/01/15/offbeat.bushisms.reut/

And don't forget - English IS his native language, despite his continual inability to speak it!

No comments:

Post a Comment