Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday, 1/22/2009

Today's Topic: My new career path of executive waste can designer

John Thain was asked to resign from Bank of America today, only 22 days after the Merrill Lynch merger went through and Thain became the head of its global banking unit. Part of the egregious executive behavior that came to light in the aftermath was that Thain spent $1.22 million to redecorate his office when he took the job as CEO of Merrill Lynch early in 2008. Keep in mind that he got the job after the guy before him was fired because of risky mortgage investments that were causing huge write-offs for Merrill, so Merrill was already in financial trouble when he took over and decided to spend $1.22 million on his redecoration.

But, I digress. There is a list of some of the expenditures Thain made, and I've attached it below. When I saw that a "Parchment Waste Can" cost him $1,405, I immediately knew what my new career path had to be! I could make really upscale designer waste cans for executives!!! I'm very crafty and creative and I'm good with both wood and paint. I know what type of trash executives throw out since I have spent 11 years in financial services management, so I am uniquely in tune with their requirements for trash cans.

I must begin designing and constructing some sample products post haste so that I can begin taking orders before the spring cleaning season begins.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/28793892

No comments:

Post a Comment